Noise Impact Assessment
A Noise Impact Assessment (NIA) is an analytical examination of noise that emits from a facility, its significance relative to local regulatory limits, and what needs to be done to ensure the facility is in compliance.
Contact us to schedule your NIA today!
An effective NIA will include the following steps:
- Specialized technicians take specific and detailed measurements of various noise sources at a facility.
- The sound power data received is derived from the existing onsite equipment manufacturer’s data, sound pressure measurements, or theoretical calculations.
- A report is produced that provides accurate noise levels that may be out of compliance and impacting a specific radius from the facility and nearby residents.
- A detailed Source Order Ranking Table is provided identifying and prioritizing the loudest noise sources that require attenuation.
- A Permissible Sound Level (PSL) is established based on distance, dwelling unit density & proximity to transportation corridors along with engineered noise control recommendations.